Monday, May 25, 2015

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Book Rating: 4 out of 5

Favorite Quote:
"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them."

Okay, so moment of truth....I don't know how to feel about this book. Honestly, the beginning is slow and I sort of knew the plot considering my brain has been poisoned by watching the movie, but even with that in mind, I found this book to be quite enjoyable. Seriously, if I was thirteen I would definitely have a thing for Harry. (I mean come on, he is nice, he has magic abilities....and my tween self had very low standards.) I also, really appreciate the fact that you get to learn about this new world through the point of view of someone as clueless as you. It deepens the connection between the reader and the main character. However, what really makes for a great story is a combination of  a strong protagonist and quirky minor characters (the main character's friends, family, and mentor) which this novel obviously has *cough* hermioneandronforever. The overall story was very unique, and I did laugh on more than one occasion. HOWEVER,  I did feel a little underwhelmed, but I think that was mainly because of how young Harry is. I feel that as he grows older and the series continues I will become more emotionally invested....maybe?! (What? I can't know for sure yet, GOSH!)

No comments:

Post a Comment